Your Complete Job Search Guide
Your Complete Job Search Guide (PDF, 1.2 MB) walks you through all the steps that lead to getting a job by providing tips, examples, and practical tools.
The key to success is putting time and effort into your search, and, above all, being well prepared.
The guide provide things to think about and hints about how to
- better assess your employment situation;
- learn where and how to find out about the labour market;
- increase your chances of securing an interview;
- explore the places where real or potential job offers can be found;
- learn how to approach employers;
- prepare for interviews and anticipate the questions you may be asked;
- plan your job-search approach and follow-up;
- and settle into your new job.
Il you need occasional help or more sustained assistance in taking certain steps, the staff at your local employment centre (CLE) is available to
- help you identify your needs;
- help you use the tools at your disposal in the multiservice rooms and on the Emploi-Québec website;
- advise and guide you as you look for a job;
- and direct you toward support resources if and when you need them.
For additional information