Employment Integration Program for Immigrants and Visible Minorities (PRIIME)
The Employment Integration Program for Immigrants and Visible Minorities (PRIIME) is provided by Emploi-Québec in cooperation with the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles and Investissement Québec.
Are you searching for your first job in Québec in your trade or occupation?
If you are eligible for PRIIME, your employer may be entitled to financial assistance to cover:
- a portion of your wages for a maximum of 30 weeks or, exceptionally, a maximum of 52 weeks, to facilitate your job entry;
- the wages paid to the person responsible for coaching you;
- the creation of special activities or adaptation of human resource management tools;
- expenditures directly incurred in order to train you or adapt your skills.
Who is eligible for PRIIME?
Persons who have never worked in their trade or occupation in Canada or the United States, and:
- have had permanent residency status for less than five years;
- belong to a visible minority, regardless of whether they were born in Canada or abroad.