Découvrir. Discover a trade or profession
- Are you under 25 years old and unemployed?
- Do you want to find out how interested you are in a trade?
- Do you want to confirm your career choice?
- Do you want to see what a real workplace is like?
Découvrir gives you access to a bank of quality workplace experiences.
Two kinds of job experiences
- Job shadowing. You can spend up to four weeks carrying out certain tasks in a workplace that matches your personal and occupational interests. This way, you can see whether your choice is up to your expectations and show a potential employer what you can do.
- Observation. You can spend a few weeks observing a given work environment and seeing what a job that interests is like in the real world. This way, you can get a better idea of the job and make some invaluable contacts with the people in that environment.
During the workplace experience, you’ll be guided by a resource person and supervised by a mentor from the host workplace.
Découvrir is part of Emploi-Québec’s slate of programs and measures that includes Alternative jeunesse Program, Jeunes en action and Québec Pluriel. The latter are built into in the Government of Québec’s 2006-2009 Youth Action Strategy.
You must be under 25 years old and:
- Be an Alternative jeunesse participant; or
- Be admitted to the Social Assistance Program or the Social Solidarity Program; or
- Receiving employment insurance benefits; or
- Without any public income support.
If you meet these requirements, we could propose a workplace experience under Découvrir.
Here’s your opportunity to see a trade firsthand, see how motivated you are and maybe even discover a new passion!
If you’re eligible, you could receive financial assistance from Emploi-Québec throughout the workplace experience.
- If you are a participant of Alternative jeunesse Program, Jeunes en action or any other Emploi-Québec measure, talk about it to the resource person assigned to you.
- If you are not part of an active measure, you can meet with an employment officer at your local employment center (CLE) .
These people can also assess your employment needs and propose a workplace experience based on your areas of interest. They can also help you find a job or training.
Bank of workplace experiences
The following workplaces are offering you the possibility of exploring a job environment so you can be certain about your career choice, or perhaps even discover new career interests!
If you meet the program requirements, consult the bank of Workplace experiences