What is sector-based action targeting the workforce and employment based on?
- Sector-based action flows from the various mobilization and partnership initiatives taken by the government in recent years.
- The goal of these initiatives is to ensure and enhance the competitiveness of businesses and their workforce in the context of a global economy.
- For more information on sector-based action, see the policy paper Se prendre en main - Politique d'intervention sectorielle (PDF, 135 KB).
How do I find out if there’s a sectoral workforce committee for my sector of business activity or trade union?
- The Commission des partenaires du marché du travail has targeted certain sectors of economic activity for consensus building in matters of labour and employment.
- See the list of sectors of activity for which there is a sectoral workforce committee.
What benefits can a business derive from a sectoral workforce committee?
Sectoral workforce committees provide employers with practical information and human resource management tools, in addition to offering training activities.
What if there’s no sectoral workforce committee for a given sector of activity?
The Commission des partenaires du marché du travail can suggest other means of action, such as an issue table or working group.
Who’s responsible for managing sector-based action at the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail?
- The Direction du développement des compétences et de l'intervention sectorielle.
- The Direction consists of advisors who act as a liaison between the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail and the sectoral workforce committees.